I Couldn't Stand!

By the end of 2015 it would be fair to say that I had reached a new low with respect to my health. While I never had washboard abs, my stomach had never entered a room before the rest of me, as mine did now. There were places I could go below that - and they would all involve hospitals.The hours on my couch had exacted their toll.

My high school friend Sita, whom I ran into after a gap of many years used diplomatic language but basically told me that I was a heart attack or stroke waiting to happen. I could not stand for more than 5 minutes - I needed to lean or sit down. Despite the complete lack of physical activity, I felt tired all the time. My arms, legs and torso joined my shoulders and neck. I was in pain all the time, and popping ibuprofen just to be able to function. My family continued trying to motivate me to lead a more healthy lifestyle. My niece posted photos of my young skinny self on the refrigerator door.

But my couch represented comfort, the only thing I had control over and my couch and I both started experiencing increased depression.

I would occasionally come out of my fog and decide to pursue some lifestyle improvement activity. On one such trip, prodded on by family, I decided to vacation at a wellness retreat. I looked for places near and far. And finally settled upon Ayurvedagram.

Ayurveda gram was actually very close to my home.So I took a ride over and checked the place out. They offered a complete package inclusive of stay at a facility just outside Whitefield, Bangalore. Since it was so close to home I opted for a 3-week package. If there was an emergency at home, I could zip right over.

I was very excited. This seemed like  the perfect place to start the process of taking back my life.  I expected to return from Ayurvedagram energized and cured and a few kilos lighter. Delighted by my decision the family came out in full force to support me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diet

Seven Years Later

Free The Skinny Person Inside of Me - Who ? Why ? How ?