Increasing Your Water Consumption - How To


·         Figure out the amount of water you should be drinking my end state target is 3 liters / day. This is what my nutritionist recommends for me based on my state of health. Its also a good target for people without any major medical conditions based on most internet sources. Yours may be different based on your medical condition. e.g. my mother who has a heart condition is allowed only 1/2 liter of fluids per day. Her heart and kidneys cannot handle more than that amount of fluid. Check with your doctor
·         Build a plan for how you will get there – e.g. I was drinking less than a liter a day. Getting from 1 liter to 3 liters is neither easy nor automatic. I decided that I would increase my consumption by 250ml each week. At that rate if all went well it would take me atleast 2 months to get to my end state. Its taken a little longer, and there are still days on which I miss the mark. But I am now drinking way more water than I was before and am getting a lot closer to the end state.
·         Yes there will be more trips to the bathroom –  As you increase your water consumption, you will find you need to pee more frequently. Stay with it. Your body is probably as dry as a brand new sponge. As it receives more water, it will build up its capacity to retain water.  
·         Schedule how water consumption will be distributed through the day – For many reasons you need to spread this consumption throughout the day. You simply cannot drink a liter at one go. My plan is to drink a liter before I eat anything. It takes me about an hour. I drink another liter between breakfast and lunch. I still struggle with the last liter because I eat well at both breakfast and lunch. I’ve deliberately planned for most of the consumption earlier in the day, because I have enough issues with my sleep to add one more challenge to it.

·         How Will You Know how much you’ve consumed – Earmark atleast 2 500 ml bottles for yourself. These are yours and no one else drinks from them. You don’t drink from any other source. Fill them up only when they are completely empty. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Diet

Seven Years Later

Free The Skinny Person Inside of Me - Who ? Why ? How ?